Posts In: Garden Decor
May 20, 2020 (sticky)
Lawn & Garden Tax-Free Holiday
Lawn & Garden Tax Holiday is on Memorial Day Weekend!
Saturday, May 23 – Monday, May 25
(We are closed Sundays, but we will be open Saturday 9a-4p, and Monday 9a-4p! See our Shopping Guidelines here)
The Lawn & Garden Tax Holiday was created in 2016 to encourage responsible water use in Texas. Over Memorial Day Weekend, retailers can sell select water saving products without charging sales tax (includes all plants & more). Below is a list of the items that qualify for the sales tax exemption:
Consumers can also purchase certain water-conserving products tax-free. Unlike WaterSense-labeled items, these items are only exempt when purchased for use at a residential property.
Items are tax free during the holiday that are used or planted for:
- conserving or retaining groundwater;
- recharging water tables; or
- decreasing ambient air temperature, and so limiting water evaporation
Examples of items that qualify for the exemption include:
- a soaker or drip-irrigation hose,
- a moisture control for a sprinkler or irrigation system,
- all plants, trees and grasses,
- water-saving surfactants,
- and soil and compost
Follow For More
May 2, 2020
Check out our talavera selection! Beautiful pots & talavera friends of all shapes and sizes.