Posts In: Jobs
June 29, 2020
Position Available – Full Time Nursery Foreman
Pay is determined by experience and qualifications. You can send your resume by using our form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at 2014 – 45th Street, Galveston, Texas.
• Assign daily work duties for you and your outside staff and supervise their work while working as a team to
take care of the daily responsibilities of the nursery.
• Maintaining, watering, pruning, raking, thinning, weeding, transplanting, loading and unloading trees and
plants in a retail nursery environment in full view of customers, using hand tools and gardening tools.
• Identify plants as well as problems such as diseases, weeds, and insect pests.
• Apply organic pesticides and organic fertilizers to plants.
• General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery.
• Loading and unloading soils, mulches and rock.
• Delivery of plants and furniture to customer residences on and off the island.
• Maintaining and operating various equipment and vehicles in a safe, clean, professional manner.
• Experience operating a Front-End Loader & Forklift
• Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair and perform necessary maintenance work.
• Keep up with product inventory.
• Enforce safety regulations.
• Assist in the upkeep, stocking and fulfillment of customer orders
• Furniture assembly
• Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
• General Plant Knowledge and Industry Experience a plus.
• Good organizational skills with the ability and willingness to keep all areas of the nursery, including
warehouses, tidy, clean, organized and in good repair.
• In good physical condition and able to handle lifting and loading of heavy objects on a regular basis.
• Presentable and well-groomed for a retail setting.
• Comfortable working outdoors all day every day.
• Available to work Monday thru Saturday.
• Clean driving record and current driver’s license
• Punctual, meticulous & reliable
• Courteous, personable disposition