Super Blue Liriope is a small, clumping ground cover with delicate violet flowers.
From Summer to early Fall, the flowers bloom in cone-shaped bunches at the end of tall green stems. As the autumn chill settles in, these flowers are replaced by glossy purple-black fruits.
- Is one of the least invasive of the Liriope family.
- Prefers moist, loose soil that is fertilized and well drained and can tolerate dry soil conditions once established.
- Heat tolerant, drought tolerant and salt spray tolerant. Once established it requires very little maintenance.
- Makes a nice container plant, lush border or pathway edging, in mass plantings and under large trees.
- Grows well in hard to grow places such as banks and slopes, driveways or filling in gaps between shrubs.